Thursday, March 4, 2010

The butterfly is done!

I finished the butterfly hair clip last night. Here are some photos taken while making it.

One thing I learned from making this was to not stitch the 'veins' in before starting the main stitching. I thought having the outline done first would make it easier to keep both sides even, but that wasn't the case.

Next time I will simply draw the pattern I want on to the felt before I start stitching, and use that to keep things even.
I will try to be more adventurous with colour on the next one! I like the colour of these beads but I feel this one is a wee bit bland. I think I will make a yellow one next time ... my beading buddies always laugh when I threaten to make something in yellow so maybe I need to actually carry it out. Before I do another hair clip though, I'm ready to get started on the next big bling project. Updates will follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment