Monday, December 4, 2023

 It's a long time since I wrote a blog - I didn't even realise how long it had been.

A new project

I call this bracelet "Stops and Starts". It's a herringbone stitch bracelet which I designed to teach at the Bead Society of Victoria. The aim was to teach students to be comfortable with increases and decreases in herringbone stitch. Once you get the hang of it, the pattern is reasonably easy to follow. I'm happy to teach this elsewhere if asked, and have a set-up to teach on zoom.

My Instagram link is @seaford_beader.


Stops and Starts Bracelet

What did I learn from this project?

One thing I learnt was to always use the same brand of beads. I don't think it's obvious, but the blue bracelet is made with Toho and Miyuki beads. It was difficult getting the right tension, because even though they are both size 11o, they are slightly different heights. The bracelet made with all delica beads has much better tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment