Friday, January 22, 2010

Aiming for a slightly Goth Effect

I made this necklace for Gin G. for Christmas 2009. It's based on a bead lace pattern in the book Crystal Lace Necklace Patterns by Sandra Halpenny. I followed the pattern until a certain point and then began lengthening the spikes, until I had made enough for a trangular effect. I used larger sizes of faceted glass crystals for the longer spikes to achieve a focal effect. The materials in this necklace are matt black size 11o seed beads, 4mm dark red facetted Czech crystals and larger glass crystals rounds. The fastener is a toggle and button loop with one of the larger crystals as the button.
I was aiming for a slightly Goth effect with this necklace. I'm going to have another attempt at some stage, just because it's fun to do something that aims to be ornate - plus I love black.

No comments:

Post a Comment