Friday, January 22, 2010

Beading in 2010

Now that I have revisited 2009, what's in store for beading for the coming year?

My first finished project for 2010 was a major piece for me - I have to take some photos before I can do a post on that one.

I'm currently doing a kit project - Dragonclaw Necklace by Laura McCabe. I'm enjoying working to a pattern and having a break from trying to figure out the technicalities - more when I post about the piece just finished. I like the Dragonclaw project - the beads are fabulous and it's an interesting pattern. It will be a striking necklace once it's done. LM does some great patterns and you always learn something new doing one of her projects, which I really like - especially when it gives you ideas for your own creations!

So after that I have a few projects which are boiling away in my brain at the moment:
  • Another major crystal piece - blue this time - it's going to be major bling.
  • A couple of ideas with beaded cabochons - I really need to actually use some of the cabs I have stashed away!
  • I bought some fantastic glass beads from Spacetrader recently - made in the style of antique African beads, and I have a concept fizzing away at the moment - just need to work out the technicalities and the beads.
  • Plus I am determined to finish some of the UFOs littering my beading space. I did really well in 2009, got several UFOs finished to give away as Christmas presents, so the aim is to get a few more done.

I plan to use this blog to document my beading achievements, discuss lessons learned and thoughts about future pieces. It's a discipline thing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment