Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The on-going saga of the Steampunk creation

Some time ago I posted photos of a half-finished piece I was calling my first attempt at Steampunk. Well, that piece has been sitting there ever since, waiting for inspiration. The original intention was that there would be a series of Victorian style swags of beads connecting the components. I tried many different combinations of beads and crystals and other bits and pieces, and I could never come up with a swag arrangement that I liked. So frustrating! Anyway, I was looking at that project the other day and I think I have come up with a Plan B at last. It's dependent on getting some more of one type of bead from a friend of mine, who gave me the original lot. She is going to go through her stash and see if she can find the rest of the beads, and if she can, I'll start work again.
I'm thinking now that it might be a RAW style band connecting the components. More later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment