Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Last post for today - this is the current worktable

This is the current project. I really liked the coral Swarovski crystals I used in another necklace, and wanted to do another necklace where they were more of a feature. In this one, the pearls are 4mm, whereas in the other one they were 3 mm, so they stand out more in this one. Using the same matte black beads in 11o and 15o for the netting also makes the pearls stand out more. I find these very easy to bead with and they look terrific.
The plan is to make a pendant with the vintage black button shown on the right, which will hang from the diamond net chain. I haven't started on that part yet though, as I wanted to see how many of the pearls I needed for the chain, and then how many I could have for the pendant. It's actually really difficult to find coral coloured beads in the right shade to match with these pearls! So I expect the pendant will end up being mostly black. Once this is complete I hope to have the beads assembled to go back to my Steampunk thing and see if I can finish it this time. The Melbourne Bead Expo is in November, and if I want to put any of this stuff on exhibition, it has to be finished by October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment